MONTREAL QUEER PROM 2011
The Prom You Always Wanted
For Queers & their Friends
Saturday, April 9th, 2011
La Sala Rossa
4848 Boul. St-Laurent
(just south of St-Joseph)
Doors at 8:30
Live cover band Ron’s Fantasy with a sizzling danceset from 11 – 2!
$15 adv/$20 @ door
Tickets available at Cheap Thrills (2044 Metcalfe, just s. of Sherbrooke), Atom heart (364 Sherbrooke E., just w. of St-Denis), and Phonopolis (207 Bernard W., smack dab between Parc and St-urbain, right next to the Drawn & Quarterly Bookstore)
La Sala Rossa is, regrettably, not wheelchair-accessible.
RSVP on our Facebook event page!
- Live campy cover band Ron’s Fantasy! Playing the catchiest songs from the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and now!
- A Cheesy-backdropped Photobooth to preserve your memories of the evening, with (optional) real-time upload to Facebook! (because you’ll be too hungover the next day to remember anything!)
- Vote for your favourite Prom Kink & Prom Queer! Nominate yourself or others!
- Enter under a balloon archway!
- A Blood-soaked Carrie flaunting her Dirty Pillows all night!
- A Sexy Dom teacher with ruler coming to ensure that your hems are well above the knee, and that you will be punished for the slightest infraction!
- The eerie sound of constant sobbing coming out of the girls’ bathroom!
- Projections all night of the prom scenes from over 40 terrible Hollywood movies!
- A Prom Counsellor on site, in case you have triggering flashbacks!
- And cake. There will be cake.
Come dance like fools under the mirrorball & crepe streamers. Re-enact and heal old high school traumas. Dress up as your favourite high school cliché! Come join us for The Queer Event of the Year! This is high school with a happy ending. This is the prom you always wanted.
Just a friendly reminder that Queer Prom is for queers and their friends! You don’t HAVE to be queer to come, but you MUST have an open mind & an open heart.
Finally, fabulous attire, while desired, is not required. But WOULD be awesome. You know you want to. C’mon, all the cool kids are dressing up. You want to be cool, don’t you?